Not attracting all the business and clients you want and need? You can become better at marketing, and it can be easier than you think.
- Getting the attention of prospective clients.
- Providing enough information to interest them in exploring working with you.
- Turning that interest into a commitment to work with you.
- Negotiating the terms of doing business so that you make a decent profit.
- Serving clients well so that they stay with you and send referrals your way.
However, if you could do better, perhaps you need a little help. Many business owners and service professionals struggle with marketing. They are not sure how it works, where to start, or what to do.
Perhaps you've tried a variety of marketing activities with mixed results. Maybe your "word-of-mouth pipeline" has dried up and you don't know where to find your next clients. Or it could be that you know what to do but just don't get around to actually doing it. You need direction, support, a plan, and accountability.
I work with business owners and service professionals who are serious about taking their business to the next level. They realize that the only way they're going to survive and thrive is by developing, implementing, and practicing better marketing.
- Commitment. You must really want to take your business to new heights. Ideally your business is more than a living — it's a calling, something that you feel makes a difference. Marketing is one of the key vehicles that helps take your business where you want it to go.
- Marketing know-how. This comes from good information and practice. There is so much marketing information out there that it can be overwhelming. What really works to attract clients? What can you do that won't cost a fortune? Are there marketing strategies that are both effective and don't take up a huge amount of time?
- Support. When you are trying to master something that is both new and complex, you don't have to do it on your own. You can, but it will take longer, cost more, and your results will likely be hit and miss. Working with a mentor flattens the marketing learning curve. When you work with someone who's been there before you'll have less trial and error and more sustainable success.
Mentoring isn't for people who need a few marketing ideas or a little coaching. You probably already have more ideas than you have time to implement. The thing is, you get stuck and your well thought out plans don't come to fruition. You have good ideas but you get distracted with the details. And the trial and error is wearing on you.
On the other hand, you may be very successful in your business but have reached a plateau. You want to learn how you can market more effectively to grow faster. You don't have anyone you can talk to about marketing and you need both a partner in strategy and someone to hold your feet to the fire. This is exactly what I do.
- You are a business owner, company executive, partner in an organization, or self-employed professional.
- You are committed to becoming a better marketer and growing your business.
- You are willing to invest a certain amount of time, energy, and money to marketing.
- You are in a position to take decisive action.
- You are open to trying things outside your current comfort zone.
- You are patient and understand that results can take some time.
If this fits you, we can work together successfully.
This proven methodology was developed by Robert Middleton of Action Plan Marketing and has been used successfully to grow thousands of businesses. I've been trained and certified in this methodology which fits nicely with my business, organizational development, and psychology experience. Here is the Seven-Step Fast Track Model:
- Marketing Ball: The Game of Marketing
The first thing you need to understand is how the game of marketing is played — and won. Successful marketing is not a random set of activities; it has an underlying structure and set of rules you must follow to be successful. When you understand the game you can finally start to play it with some confidence.
- Marketing Mindset: The Inner Game of Marketing
How you think about marketing your business is a big key to success. If you are avoiding marketing, afraid to implement marketing plans or just plain confused about what to do next, you need to change your current marketing mindset to be successful. The good news is that it's easier than you think.
- Marketing Syntax: The Language of Marketing
Most people don't realize that marketing has a language. If you use the right language, you generate attention and interest. If you use the wrong language, your prospects won't pay attention to you. It's absolutely necessary that all your marketing messages and communications adhere to the language of marketing.
- Core Marketing Message: The Value of Marketing
Your first important step in marketing is to create a marketing message that speaks to the needs and desires of your clients. When you have such a message, you have created a foundation that will be utilized in all your marketing. A great marketing message tells the prospect what's in it for them to do business with you.
- Marketing Information: The Currency of Marketing
Once you have the attention and interest of a prospect, the next thing they want is more information. We call marketing information "currency," because it actually buys you attention, time, credibility and trust. Marketing information includes everything from your business card to your web site.
- Marketing Strategies: The How-To of Marketing
Once you have the foundation of your marketing message and information, it's time to implement some marketing strategies. Strategies include everything from networking to speaking to mailings to publishing. You need to develop and implement the most appropriate and effective marketing strategies for your business.
- Marketing Action Plans: The Structure of Marketing
Your final marketing step is developing a very detailed marketing action plan or plans. It's not enough to know the strategies you are going to use, you need to map them out like a blueprint with very specific objectives and action steps. Once you have a solid plan, you are well on your way to attracting all the business you need.
Mentoring sessions are conducted by phone or in person and are typically 60 to 90 minutes in length. All sessions are taped for your personal use. Between sessions you will work on assignments to increase your marketing skills in each of the Seven Fast Track Steps.
Depending on your situation, we will take six to eight sessions to guide you through the initial development of your marketing action plan. Then, I will work with you to develop marketing materials and implement your marketing action plan until you are seeing results.
The biggest obstacle to successful marketing isn't external. It's internal. We all have beliefs and thoughts that sabotage our marketing efforts. When we work together you'll be introduced to powerful tools that will help you dramatically shift your marketing perspective.
You will start seeing results well before we have completed our work together. As your understanding of marketing increases, you will begin to communicate more effectively about your business and start generating more attention and interest.
After working through all Seven Fast Track Steps, you'll have a true grasp of how marketing works and you'll be prepared to grow your business in ways you never before thought possible.
If you would like to explore working with me as your marketing mentor, I would be happy to speak with you on the phone (510-813-5354) to discuss your current situation and goals and see if there is a fit. The best way to set up an appointment is to fill out the form below. And then I'll get back to you by e-mail to confirm the meeting.
I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.
P. S. The clients who have the greatest success with me are those who are committed to taking their businesses to the next level. If you're ready to jump in with both feet, I'd like to hear from you.
Read client case studies to learn more